Making interesting and eye-catching content and products is important for a business to get customers. And so is collecting and retaining brand loyalty. There are many ways that a business can reach out to customers about their goods and services, and one of the ways is through emails.
When a business has garnered the attention and interest of a substantial amount of customers, the next thing to do is to gather all their email addresses so that you can further communicate with them about new products, services, promotions and other relevant news. This is called an email list.
In simpler terms, an email list is a list of email contacts from people who have given permission to receive promotional emails from a business.
They are important because they impact your business in the following ways:
- They give you the opportunity to make direct and personalized but unique content, which helps a business connect and retain customers, and gain new ones. Having a distinctive style can help your customers identify you from competitors.
- They get you more visits to your website through emails than by posting on social media. Links on emails have a much higher click rate than links on social media posts or links in bio.
- They allow you to communicate with them whenever you like, since people open their inboxes several times a day. This allows you to form an email schedule, so that customers can know when to expect an email from you.
- They allow you to have autonomy on how you build connections and communicate with customers. Social media cannot always be a reliable media, as their policies are bound to change. Email lists are autonomous and are not influenced by other businesses’ decisions.
- They allow customers to privately reach out to the business in case of any queries.
Now that we know how important email lists are in facilitating business growth, here are some ways you can get started in building one:
- Make a landing page for your customers to visit from your social media posts
- Write blogs about your products and services and make quality and relevant content
- Put a CTA (Call to Action) on every landing page of your website
- Create a sign-up box so that interested customers can subscribe to your emails
In short, an email list is a list of a customer’s email address that a business uses to communicate information about their products, services, promotions, and other news that would be relevant to the customer. It facilitates business growth by creating, nurturing, and maintaining business-customer relations through personalized, thoughtful, quality, and regular content. A business can create an email list through making a landing page, writing interesting and relevant blogs, using CTAs, and making a sign-up box for interested customers.