Social media in our day and age is indispensable for communication. Nearly everyone uses it, which makes its various apps and platforms a great place for companies to market their brand and advertise their goods and services.
Social media marketing (SMM) or digital marketing is the use of social media platforms to share the company’s brand, increase sales, and drive website traffic. Companies can engage with existing customers and even attract new potential customers as well through building connections and allowing two-way interaction between company and customer.
While traditional media like newspaper advertisements, posters, and flyers are still being used today, the coming of social media has added to the ease of reaching out to customers, retaining them, and attracting new ones.
- Builds brand awareness: Social media makes people online aware of your brand, and people want to buy from a brand they can recognize. Brand awareness can increase brand loyalty in customers, which can lead to many benefits for your company. Successful and well-established businesses make sure they display their logos on their social media posts, headers, or profile pictures so that people know what brand they’re looking at.
- Helps your business to understand your customer’s interests: Paying attention to what your customers care about can help the business better cater to their needs. This can create a stronger bond with your customers and increase goodwill.
- Helps provide quick and responsive customer service: People post a lot of their thoughts online, and rather than calling or sending an e-mail, netizens find that contacting the business for help is a lot easier. As response time is quicker too, this is a benefit for both customer and business.
- Saves costs: As social media is mostly free to use, using the platforms can really cut costs for the company. However, there are paid promotional tools on these platforms that businesses can make use of to increase their reach to other people.
- Helps you stay updated on current news: Social media allows customers to know what new things your business is rolling out so that they can watch out for it. On the flip side, businesses can also check out new things that their competitors are putting out in order to make something better and stay afloat in the economy. This steady stream of information can help the business build effective strategies.
Social media, when used correctly, can reap many benefits for your business in the form of increased engagement from customers and brand awareness for new customers. It allows businesses to closely examine customer interests and reach out to them quickly when they need support which builds rapport. Using social media can save lots of money for advertising and can help your brand learn about competitors and their products.
We at B2B Global Access offer social media marketing services which include social media strategies, channels selection, creation of social media accounts, influencer marketing, hashtag marketing among many more.
Visit our services page for more details.